Eight Evaluation Training Locations Already on the Calendar
MASSP is hosting interactive two-day trainings across the state to assist administrators in the development of processes around an effective evaluation system that will allow for future implementation of an evaluation framework.
MASSP's Executive Director, Wendy Zdeb-Roper, will facilitate this professional development opportunity. As a building administrator for 10 years, Wendy has developed this program from a Principal's perspective with implementation in mind. We look forward to bringing this excellent opportunity to all building administrators!
- A review of the legislative changes
- Rationale for the overhaul of the system
- Current status of the MCEE
- The creation of definitions of effective instruction and student engagement
- Establishing consistent/common classroom look fors
- Developing inter-rater reliability
- Conducting walkthrough and full-length observations
- Developing student growth goals
- Holding mid-year and final evaluation meetings
Eight locations are already on the calendar and available for registration - click here for locations and more details.
Participants will leave the sessions with many helpful handouts and take-always, along with access to a specially developed Moodle site containing 10 classroom-teaching videos with an accompanying rubric to allow administrators to continue to develop and refine their observations skills and inter-rater reliability.
THIS WORKSHOP QUALIFIES FOR STATE REIMBURSEMENT - IT'S FREE!
Administrators interested in attending our two-day session will sign-up through MASSP and pay the registration fee. Central Office in his/her District will pay MASSP for the training and then request state grant-funded reimbursement. How does this all work? Click here to download a PDF of information and instructions, then pass it on to your business office!