HS and CTE Principal’s Mid-Winter Summit: A Must Attend Event
Next week on December 3rd and 4th the HS and CTE Principal’s Mid-Winter Summit will be held at the Soaring Eagle Resort in Mt. Pleasant. The two-day agenda is full of essential updates and information. The opening keynote address by Dr. Jim Garver will be focused on “Coaching for Achievement” and how Principals can serve as educational coaches. Day two’s keynote will feature The Wes Leonard Heart Team who will raise everyone’s awareness about the need for AED’s and preparedness for medical emergencies. We will end the conference with “Ten on Target” short 10-minute overviews of successful school initiatives.
Breakout Sessions include:
- Dr. Jennifer Hammond (Principal, Grand Blanc HS) and David Vensel (Principal, Jefferson HS) “MCEE Update - Evaluation and Student Growth”
- Dr. Nancy Colflesh (MSU), “Leading Teacher Learning Through Collaborative Work”
- Greg Green (Principal, Clintondale HS), “Learning in a Flipped Classroom”
- Steve Warner and Bob Kefgen (Valic and MASSP), “Your Financial Future 403B’s and MSPSRS”
- Kevin Sutton (Partner, Lusk and Albertson), “Legal Hot Topics”
- Dr. Anne Thorp (Ottawa ISD - MCUL Educator of the Year), “Blended Learning Environments”
- Kim Young (MDE Consultant), “MDE Formative and Interim Assessments”
- Colin Ripmaster (Principal, Mattawan HS) “Go Observe Update and User Support”
- Todd Burlingham (Director, MASC/MAHS) “Student Leadership Update”
- John Carroll (ACT Midwest) “ACT – Advancing Lives”
- Wendy Zdeb-Roper (Executive Director, MASSP) “New Member Welcome”
For more information and the complete agenda, click here.