Just for the Middle!
The MASSP Middle Level Mid-Winter Summit is right around the corner – don’t miss this chance to get important updates and to network with middle level colleagues. This is event has been created and planned just for Principals with students in grades 6-8…what other conference offers this opportunity?!
Key Agenda Features:
- Day 1 Opening Keynote: Dr. Mark Wilson, a national expert on the Common Core, will talk about the role leadership needs to play in implementation of the CCSS.
- MDE Updates from Phil Chase and Kim Young on the MOPLs portal and MDE Interim Assessments.
- Day 1 Closing Keynote: The Wes Leonard Heart Team will share their story and raise awareness for student health and safety concerns.
- MPSRS and Retirement? This session will allow you to consider the financial implications of recent legislative changes for you personally.
- Dr. Nancy Colflesh (MSU) will run an interactive session aimed at helping you to process change with staff.
- Dr. Anne Thorp (Ottawa ISD) will provide an overview of blended learning options for the 21st century classroom.
In addition to learning from experts in the field, MASSP has set aside ample time for important colleague to colleague sharing with a Leader2Leader session (facilitated group discussion) and a closing keynote of great ideas and successful programming shared by conference participants in 10-minute segments. I look forward to seeing you at the Amway in Grand Rapids for this fantastic event!