MASSP Welcomes New Associate Director
The Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals (MASSP) is pleased to announce the addition of a new staff member, Colin Ripmaster, who will serve as the Association’s Associate Director.
Colin Ripmaster’s school teaching and administrative experiences—in West Ottawa at the elementary and middle level, Mattawan as the high school principal, and at the state level as an executive board member and President of MASSP—have prepared him well to serve as the Associate Director. Colin is certainly no stranger to the MASSP Membership. While serving as President of the Association, Colin was instrumental in the development of Go Observe and has provided a great deal of professional development.
At this critical time in education, MASSP is striving to provide a high level of member service and support. Colin’s strength as an instructional leader and an advocate for education will further the Association’s mission and vision. Throughout Colin’s career he has demonstrated ability to:
- Improve student achievement through data driven decision-making, integration of technology and use of professional learning communities.
- Provide leadership and supervision of administrators and teachers in the area of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Assess and address the needs of districts in the areas of curriculum, instruction and professional staff development.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation and coordination of K-12 instructional programs as well as communicating with key stakeholders regarding programs.
- Frame, articulate and embody a clear mission for our work and vision about the future needs of students based on core beliefs.
- Work with people of diverse perspectives in a manner that ignites their passions, talents, and desire to attain a shared vision.
- Work collaboratively with students, teachers, and community members to:
- Ensure college and workplace readiness;
- Use data to assess performance and inform decision-making;
- Identify, learn, implement, and evaluate evidenced-based instructional and assessment practices that work best in individual schools; and
- Maximize the benefit of both social and fiscal resources.
When offered the opportunity to join the MASSP team Colin readily accepted, stating “I am enthusiastic and ready to engage in an instructional leadership position within a dynamic and purposeful association where the commitment to excellence is clearly evident.” Please join the MASSP Staff and the Association’s Board of Director’s in welcoming Colin Ripmaster to the MASSP team. He will officially assume the Associate Director position on January 1, 2013. Colin may be reached at email@example.com.