MASSP Announces New Board Members, Steve Carlson President-Elect
MASSP is proud to announce the winners of this year's elections to the Board of Directors and welcome Steve Carlson, Principal at Sandusky Jr./Sr. High School, as the Association's President-Elect.
Steve Carlson has served in the Sandusky Community School District for 16 years. Half of that time was spent teaching high school History and English. He then became the Principal of Sandusky Middle School in 2009, until the district consolidated for the start of the 2013-14 school year. Sandusky Middle School closed, but Steve became the first principal of the new Sandusky Jr./Sr. High School (grades 7-12).
In 2014, Steve was appointed to the Board of Directors to finish an open term as the Region 5 Representative. The next year, he was elected to serve as the Middle Level East Representative. In addition, Steve was elected by his Board colleagues to serve as the Executive Board Liaison this year.
Steve will serve as President-Elect of the Board for one year. Then, he will take over the Presidency of the Association for the 2018-19 school year.
Additionally, MASSP is pleased to welcome the following administrators to the Board of Directors where they will each serve a three-year term:
- Region 8 Representative: Cory McElmeel, Principal, Skyline High School (Ann Arbor)
- Region 9 Representative: Paul Sibley, Principal, Dakota High School (Macomb)
- Region 11 Representative: Lisa Phillips, Principal, Cass Technical High School (Detroit)
- Region 12 Representative: Steve Hawley, Principal, Lake Orion High School
- Assistant Principal East Representative: Tracy Hall, Associate Principal, Bloomfield High School
- Middle Level Central Representative: Ryan Cayce, Principal, Ubly Jr/Sr High School