Michigan Council of Educator Effectiveness - Feedback Requested
Thank you to those of you who attended the EdCon 2012 conference. As I mentioned at my Michigan Council of Educator Effectiveness Update, I would like to hear your feedback on student growth measures. If you have a few minutes, please feel free to leave a few comments below about the following questions:
- Should the State evaluation data (i.e. MEAP, MME, Smarter Balance, etc.) be the only source of student growth data? Why or why not?
- Should local student growth models be allowed? Why or why not? How could we ensure that the local models are rigorous and legitimate?
- If you agree that multiple measures should be allowed, what percentage would you give each of the multiple measures?
- For example if educators are permitted to use MME data, a local tool (such as an end of course assessment), and a personally developed measure how should those three measures be weighted?
- How should we measure teachers in non-tested subjects such as band or auto mechanics?
Don’t forget that the MCEE now has an updated website: www.mcede.org. Feel free to leave your thoughts and concerns for the Council on the website blog.